Subtitle

Even if you are finally "cancer free" it will always be with you mentally

Friday, March 16, 2012

Good News

Yesterday was my doctor exam, which happens every three weeks, before my chemo treatment.  I had had a CT scan about ten days ago and got the results yesterday.  The scan shows no evidence of the cancer!!!  The spots on my lungs and abdomen, which were the reason chemotherapy was begun, were gone!  How about that for super news!  Even my doctor was excited about the results. It is every cancer patients' dream to hear those words.  Even though I had better than a 50% chance of kicking this, there was still a chance it wouldn't work.

I know that the thoughts and prayers of my friends and family had a lot to do with this.  They always give me words of encouragement, which keep me going.  I would never have not fought this crap they call cancer, but knowing I had the love coming from all directions gave me added strength to continue.  For all of that, I am so thankful. I still have 3 treatments to go, today being one.  Getting the good news gives me renewed conviction to see this through.  We fought the battle and as of right now, we won.  As so many survivors say, it teaches you to cherish each day...to be thankful for what you have.  And I do.

I need to make that wig appointment, I want to have one to wear when I go back to work.  I don't mind my baldness right now, in fact it's been warmer than normal for March, so I didn't wear my  hat.  Who cares!  The bald head is almost like a badge of courage.  Some of my hair did not fall out so even though I had my head shaved, the hair on the top of my head is about 3/4" long now, and of course, gray.  So I look like a baby bird.  LOL. It's kinda comical.

So on that good news, I'm flying forward to the end of my treatment.  The fatigue side effect has increased and I have to stop and rest a lot.  The neuropathy is worse as well, but hoping that subsides once treatment is complete.  The next couple of days will be rough but then I start the uphill climb to feeling that I can do at least minimal tasks.   Thank you to all my friends and family!  Love you all!

1 comment: