Subtitle

Even if you are finally "cancer free" it will always be with you mentally

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happy Place

The last couple of days have been good.  I've spent most of the time in my basement glass studio, doing what I love best, my glass.  The studio isn't pretty but it is filled with finished projects, glass waiting to be used, patterns waiting to be made, empty wine bottles to be slumped, my drawing table, the smell of incense, a blankie and bone for Gunny when she comes down and generally most of the comforts necessary to spend copious amounts of time down there.  For me, it is my happy place, even before this new cancer scare.  I can't even find the right word to describe how I feel down there.  And since I'm always thinking of the next 5 projects while working on 2 or 3 current projects, it prevents those scary thoughts from entering my head.

I talked to my mom for the first time today since finding out about this new issue.  I'm fortunate, at 55, to still have my mom, who is in good health and as feisty as she always has been.  I cried a little but I cry easy.  My mom is concerned of course, but unlike my sister, knows that if chemo is what I need, then that is what I will get.  My sister doesn't like the thought of chemo, since it actually is poison but I trust my doctor is doing what is best for me.  He is a cautious doctor and that is good.

So tomorrow I will try again to get the appointment for the PET scan set up (my efforts on Friday didn't go well, I won't go into that).  I am going to buy some more glass.  I am going to order a few new glass molds.  I'm going to get back on my diet and continue losing weight.  I am going forward as if nothing new is happening.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Pat, good to see you on Blogger:)! Good luck getting that appt - the waiting has got to be excruciating! Thinking of you! Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete