Subtitle

Even if you are finally "cancer free" it will always be with you mentally

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

Spent the day grocery shopping and then in the studio.  Feeling good.  We are not the partying type, so just a quiet evening in store.  I probably won't make it to midnight and neither will Jack.

So Wednesday is the surgery day for the porta-cath.  Then I guess the chemo could start pretty soon after.  Everything that will be happening seems so surreal today.  Both Jack and I have a positive feeling about the outcome, though.  Positive energy is key to positive results.  I really believe that.  I pray that the side effects are manageable.  I've always been a pretty tough cookie, no allergies, no unusual problems from surgeries, medications, etc.  Except morphine...morphine makes me puke.  Since morphine is not part of the process, I don't think that will be an issue.  LOL

I am going to work on Tuesday.  It may be my last day for a while.  But there is no reason to stay home and it will allow me to make sure everything that I may have been working on is available to my team.  Get my ducks in a row, so to speak.  6 months is a long time to be out...that part is still crazy to me.  I will surely miss my co-workers and actually, my job.

One of the things I've been thinking about is when I do finally go back to work.  I still won't have  my hair.  I wasn't planning on getting a wig, I don't like things on my head.  Even wearing a cloche or ball cap will bother me but I will bear it when I have to leave the house.  I guess the baldness and back to work thing will just be a bridge to cross when I get there.  The silly things we think about...

So onward into 2012!  The year of kicking cancer's ass!

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to 2012! And you've got great style so you can rock any 'do! Be strong and show that cancer who wears the pants! And, yes, I truly believe that a positive perspective can move mountains! I will be sending my positive energy your way to use at your disposal!

    ReplyDelete