Subtitle

Even if you are finally "cancer free" it will always be with you mentally

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Phases

Finally heard from my oncologist.  The spots on my lungs were too small to respond to the PET scan, but they did find a couple of spots in my abdomen.  So I have an appointment tomorrow to discuss the next phase of treatment.  In his professional opinion, my cancer can still respond to chemotherapy and feels we should try some of the new chemo drugs out there and see if my cancer responds to that.  After a period of time on the drugs, we will try another scan and see what's happening.

I had to call off sick today.  I was so nauseated from fear and had a major panic attack.  I knew I'd be hearing from him today.  I stayed in bed all morning.  Finally had to get up for something to drink as I have a tendency to dehydrate myself if I'm not careful. I can't eat either, when I'm feeling like this.  I'm still a little panicky but knowing I see the doctor tomorrow helps to ease some of it.  At least we still have options.  And endometrial cancer is slow growing, compared to many other types of cancer. So I don't have an expiration date yet.  :)

Food is my comfort, so it's funny to say that I can't eat when I'm feeling like this.  But the fear or anxiety or stress comes on different levels.  I can be stressed at work and always want to be snacking...I call that lightweight stress.  But stress like this, regarding this stupid cancer, is heavyweight stress.  And heavyweight stress takes away all my desire to eat.  Since I'm fat, apparently I've not had a lot of heavyweight stress in my life LOL.  I've been working on my weight, though, and lost 30 pounds, but stalled there.  I have a feeling this next treatment phase may get me past that stalled mark.  I don't know what the side effects of these drugs are yet.  So time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Aunt Pat, this sucks. More chemo sounds miserable. I can't imagine the anxiety you are feeling. I know you are trying so hard to be positive - and good for you! It's ok to be sad sometimes, too - and tired! This is a hard battle you are fighting! You will WIN! Thinking of you always...

    ReplyDelete