Subtitle

Even if you are finally "cancer free" it will always be with you mentally

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Hate Water

Getting ready to leave for the PET scan.  I haven't been able to eat much since I was limited to protein (meat and eggs), green vegetables and water.  I had scrambled eggs and bacon last night and baby cucumbers for breakfast this morning.  I will be STARVING by the time this is over, which will be around dinner time.  Jack will take me anywhere I want to go for dinner.

But the water.  I hate plain water, have never liked it and have a difficult time making myself drink it.  I know, it's not a good habit to have.  I don't drink pop, not even diet (OK, once in a while I treat myself to one, non-diet pop), iced tea, coffee or MIO in my water are my beverages of choice...and of course, wine, Riesling please. But I have to get 24-30 more ounces in me before 2:30.  I'll be choking that down on the drive there. 

But if that is the worst part of the scan, it's not that bad, considering all the other things I may have had to drink for tests...like barium or the dreaded stuff you drink before a colonoscopy or surgery.  So I'll live.

My attitude is good again today.  I saw a very cool post on FB that really hits home.  I want to keep remembering it...its a good way to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment