Subtitle

Even if you are finally "cancer free" it will always be with you mentally

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Feeling Good

Today has been a good day. I managed to get myself down to my glass studio for the first time since my chemo treatment. Thankfully I do my glass work sitting because I know I wouldn't be able to stand for long. It's just so weird to feel good so I try to do a few things and have to rest after a little bit. Sleeping doesn't help this kind of fatigue. I can't imagine having to walk from the train station to my building and back. I truly don't think I could make it.

What is so crappy about feeling good is that by the time I feel almost normal, it will be time for the next treatment. So this whole process will start again. The only good thing I can say is that I will know what to expect. I will take the anti-nausea drug BEFORE I get sick. The chemo drugs in the next treatment are the same as the first. I'm not looking forward to a change in drugs further down the line, but I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it.

I'm very surprised and happy that Jack decided to start coming into the treatment room. He's not big for hospitals and has never visited me when I've had my various procedures over the years. Which is fine, I really don't like visitors when I'm in the hospital. But the chemo treatment room is different. Like I said before, you come to know your fellow patients and conversation helps the time go by. Jack loves to talk, so he has become quite comfortable in there in a short time. I do like having him there.

Time to load the kiln, get it going and drag my butt upstairs. It was a good day...

No comments:

Post a Comment