Subtitle

Even if you are finally "cancer free" it will always be with you mentally

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Out and About

After my little tasks this morning, I rested a bit then put on some clothes. We decided to get out of the stale house air and go to the post office. It's a gorgeous day (calm before the winter storm tomorrow) and I have to try to move about. Friday is another doctor visit for blood work and a flush of my cath to clear out the fibers blocking the withdrawal of blood and I want to be able to walk in on my own steam. I think I've laid in bed non-stop long enough this first time and the only way to get moving is to force myself to do a little at a time, when I can. I'm thinking or hoping most of the immediate side effects of the first treatment are over(?) Now just to deal with the fatigue and whatever else comes along. I still have all my hair, so I have that to look forward to.

I came up the stairs slower than normal. The muscle/joint pain is really taking its toll on my knees. The nurse did say that if I had any weak points in my body, those would be affected more so than the rest of my body. She wasn't lying. My knees were replaced years ago, but the left one needs work but all in good time. I have pain meds for that and will use them effectively, that's for sure.

So we're back home, ate some lunch and I'm feeling a nap coming on. This is the best day since last Friday, so far.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad to hear that the days are getting better - little by little. I am thinking of you always...

    ReplyDelete