Subtitle

Even if you are finally "cancer free" it will always be with you mentally

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rough Couple of Days

The last 2 days have been less than good..actually pretty bad.  After the joint/muscle pain set in, Monday I woke with the most excruciatingly painful headache I've ever had.  It was literally making me ill.  I called the doctor's office and one of the nurses instructed me to take the vicodin, which thankfully, helped.  I stayed in bed another whole day since the other pains were still lingering.

I'm going to be optimistic today that I may be able to shower and possibly even take a walk to the kitchen.  Can't promise much else...

My family doctor called yesterday.  I love her, she is a pistol.  She had just then gotten all the notes and such from my oncologist on what was happening.  She was very concerned about them doing all the insurance stuff right so I didn't get hit with any of that.  We went over my new drugs and any changes the cancer doc may have made.  And she told me to call her for anything I may need, especially the vicodin.  I was as helpful as I could be, considering how I was feeling, but she understood and will most likely be checking up on me periodically.  I did get back with her last evening through the online "NextMD" site with some of the drug amounts and she wrote back that the insurance stuff is all good.

Update!  Yay, I managed to shower!  Wore myself out but now I can stand myself.  I'm also changing the sheets on my bed.  It may take an hour, but I'll get it done.  And does everyone know how good cottage cheese and peaches taste?


No comments:

Post a Comment